Alright, Since my roommate has moved out, I've been working on remolding his room. Here's the progress so far. I found some crazy looking insulation in the ceiling. Luckily I found a logo of the stuff and was able to determine it didn't contain asbestos. The estimated R value was 3.0, current building codes require R-40. The exterior walls were a primitive fiberglass batt, which was replaced when I did the exterior. The floor in this roof was noisy as hell, 60 year old 1x6's nailed down. so I screwed all the boards down, then ran a 3/4" T&G plywood over the top. Screwed and glued down. No more noise of floor flex. I gutted all the electrical. For the lights I went with (4) 4" cans in the four corners and one center fixture. The closet also got a 4" can. I also threw in one plug that is switched. I have something pretty cool in store for the lights, but you guys will have to wait and see, I'll probably do a review on the main page for it. The Wiring, I added a bunch of outlets, and (2) coax and (6) Ethernet ports. This is going to be my office, so the more the better. Everything is on it's own 20 amp circuit (previously there was old un-grounded wiring, that served 2 rooms, bathroom and part of the basement, on a 15 amp breaker) I decided to incorporate a bit of sound proofing into this remodel. I added fiberglass insulation on all the interior walls, and i'm going to be installing resilient channel. This product keeps the drywall off of the studs, so the structure doesn't transmit sound. over this is going to be a 5/8 fire drywall. Last night I finished the installing the 6-mil poly, and now i'm just waiting for the resilient channel to come in, hopefully the channel will be in Wednesday.